Some mornings we just don't know what to eat...we can stand in the kitchen, open the fridge, look in the cupboard, stare at the food...and still not know what to make. And plus, if the clock is ticking and we have to get going - it can be even more challenging to figure out what to make.
If you ever have one of those mornings- here is one recipe that you can add to your repertoire and pull out when you need something quick!
Breakfast is SO important:
- love yourself, a nourishing meal is actually a gift of abundance
- stabilize your blood sugar, ensure you feel energized
- fuel your brain, enhance your focus
- support your digestive system, regular meals supports health metabolism
Oatmeal with a New Twist
1/2 - 1 cup oats, depending on how much you eat 2 Tbsp nut/seed butter of your choice (almond butter, sunflower seed butter, tahini) 1/2 cup fresh berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries) 1/4 cup coconut milk (if chilled in the refrigerator- the coconut milk is similar to yogurt consistency) 1//2 cup mylk (almond, rice, or oat) maple syrup or honey (optional)
1. Cooke your oats! Add oats and 2x as much water. Simmer for 3 minutes, or until water is absorbed. 2. Place oats in a bowl. Top with berries, coconut milk, nut butter, mylk, and drizzle with maple syrup or honey if you want.