Apple Pear Spelt Cake
2/3 cup dates
1/4 cup coconut oil or ghee, melted
1 1/2 cup apples, chopped in cubes
1 1/3 cups spelt flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 cup cranberries
1 pear, sliced in thin pieces
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Lightly cook the apples with 1/4 cup water and some cinnamon. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until soft.
3. Blend the dates with 1 cup water in a food processor, until a creamy paste is formed. You might need to add extra water to thin out.
4. Mix together the wet ingredients, including the dates and apples.
5. Mix together the dry ingredients.
6. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
7. Pour into an oiled pie pan. Place the pear slicesand cranberries on top. 8. Bake for 45 minutes, or until firm.