Happy Love Day!!! Even though we don't buy into the commercial side of Valentine's Day as a day to buy cards and chocolates and roses...we do love the fact that it is a day to focus on LOVE. And that could be in whatever way you like- it doesn't mean you have to go out on a date or buy someone a box of chocolates. In fact, it's the little things you do that make all the difference.
How can you love yourself extra BIG today?
How can you love your pets a little bit more?
How can you love your friends and family a tiny bit more today?
Love you first!! and the rest will flow out of you, effortlessly!
We know that is easier said than done. Come out to our FREE TELESEMINAR tomorrow evening to actually get some practical and amazing guidance on how to truly love yourself freely and completely.
Wednesday, February 15th
7pm EST - 8pm EST
Now onto words of wisdom from The Living Kitchen....
Well, I’ve already eaten pancakes today so I might as well eat that too...
One of the biggest complaints we hear from our clients is how do you prevent the ‘downward spiral’. You know, the one where you’ve already eaten foods that you know aren’t great for you so you just say “eff it” i’ll just keep eating crap. Then you start to feeling really guilty, bloated and gross. Yet, you continue to eat the food that isn’t good for you because you think, “i’ve already been eating crappy food and I already feel crappy so why not just one more thing...”
If you’ve experienced this before let me hear a, “hell ya.”
Once you’re in the downward spiral it does take some effort to kick yourself out of it, luckily we know the 3 secrets to move up from the downward spiral. 1. Schedule an Action
- The downward spiral can be like quicksand, just pulling you deeper and deeper in so one of the best things you can do is schedule an action for you to take.
- Some action examples include: going grocery shopping, planning your meal for the day or week, making a smoothie, going for a run, getting a massage, ordering the most delicious, fresh meal from a great healthy restaurant, hanging out with friends.
- You want to schedule something that’s going to kick you into feeling awesome - it’s going to be a different action for different people. Whether you’re in an emotional slump and you just need some people love or you need a green smoothie - schedule it in!
2. Call a Friend
- I was just on a coaching call with one of our amazing participants in our 30 Day Nutrition Challenge course and she was in the downward spiral. After expressing how downward spiraly she got, she told me what her scheduled action was and then felt like the spiral was lifting just by telling me the commitment she had made to herself and now me!
- Make sure you don’t call a friend that gets easily enrolled into your B.S. Let your friend be a real stand for you and use them as an accountability buddy, ensuring you do the action you scheduled in.
3. Do It, NOW!
- Go do the action you scheduled in - as soon as you take that one baby step in the right direction, you are well on your way upward!
- If whatever you have scheduled in is too far in the future then go make or buy a fresh green juice! The reason I believe getting a fresh green juice is the best thing to kick you out of a downward spiral is because:
- #1 - Once you drink a green juice (regardless if it tastes good or not - hopefully it does!) you feel completely invigorated and don’t want to ruin this new streak you are on.
- #2 - it is expensive - juices tend to range between $6-8 so you are making an investment here and once you invest your money into this juice you will not want to buy more crap on top of that $6-8 you have already spent!
- Tell your friend - don’t forget to report back to your friend to let them know you’ve taken the first step upward. You’ll feel good gloating about the fact that you just did something awesome for yourself and they will be happy to support you in that (if they’re a good friend that is!)
And, why don't you make some yummy cookies for Love?
Oatmeal Raisin Spice Cookies
1 cup oats 1/2 cup flour (oat flour, quinoa flour, or spelt flour) 1/4 tsp sea salt 1 tsp cinnamon 1/4 tsp cardamom 1/4 tsp powdered ginger
1 tsp minced ginger 1 ripe banana, mashed 2 Tbsp coconut sugar or maple syrup 1/4 cup ghee, coconut oil, or butter (melted)
1/4 cup raisins 1/4 cup dates, chopped
dark chocolate (optional)
Directions: 1. Preheat oven to 375. 2. Mix together the dry ingredients. 3. Mix together the wet ingredients. Fold together. Mix in the raisins and dates. 4. Scoop out spoonfulls of the batter. Shape into hearts. 5. Bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until lightly browned. 6. While the cookies are baking, you can melt the chocolate in a double boiler. After the cookies cool, you can dip them in the chocolate to coat in a yummy layer!