Matcha tea is one the best, unique, delicious flavours out there! We love dessert, especially desserts that are also nourishing and healthy for our bodies. This recipe is out of this world cool- protein packed cookies to stabilize blood sugar, totally gluten free, and truly different!
Protein Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup almond flour
1/3 cup chickpea flour
3 Tbsp coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch sea salt
3 Tbsp coconut sugar
3 Tbsp coconut oil or organic butter, melted
1/4 cup dark chocolate chip cookies
Matcha Cream Frosting
1/2 tsp matcha tea powder
1/4 cup organic whole milk yogurt or coconut yogurt
2 Tbsp shredded coconut (toasted is yummy)
1 tsp coconut sugar
1 tsp coconut oil (softened)
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Mix together the dry ingredients (almond flour, chickpea flour, coconut flour, baking powder, sea salt, and coconut sugar).
3. Mix in the egg and melted coconut oil or butter.
4. Lightly oil a baking sheet. Place spoonfuls of batter on the baking sheet.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until firm.
6. Blend the icing ingredients in the food processor until creamy. Place in the refrigerator to solidify (the coconut milk and oil will solidify in the cold temperature). The icing will need to be cool in order to spread properly.
7. Once the cookies are cool, spread the icing over top.
8. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.