It's Tamara's birthday today!! Happy Birthday Tamara!!
Birthdays = really yummy cookies
really yummy cookies = taste incredible and are made with ingredients that make your body feel delicious too
Spicy Dark Chocolate Cookies w/ Mint Icing
(paleo, vegan, gluten free, sugar free)
1.5 cups black beans (well cooked)
2 Tbsp coconut oil or ghee (clarified butter)
2 Tbsp chia seeds
1/4 cup water
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/3 cup cocoa powder or cacoa powder
2 tsp coconut oil
1 Tbsp honey
1 drop of peppermint essential oil (food grade) or 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
1. Preheat the oven to 375.
2. Mix together the chia seeds and water in a small cup and set aside for a few minutes.
3. Blend together the black beans, coconut oil or ghee, coconut sugar, sea salt, cayenne pepper and cocoa (or cacao) powder in the food processor.
4. Blend in the chia seed mixture as well.
5. Spoon batter into cookies of desired size on to a well oiled baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until firm to touch. The cookies will be soft inside and they will harden as they cool. So, if you like soft cookies, bake them for a shorter time.
6. While the cookies are baking, blend together the icing ingredients until creamy.
7. When the cookies are cooled, you can spread the icing on top.