Yesterday we had the privilege of having a booth at The Stop Night Market. For those of you who don't know what it is, it's an amazing foodie event that takes place in the alleyway of Honest Ed's here in Toronto. All of the top chefs, caterers and restaurants across the city come and share their food out of their cart (which is designed by talented artists). And we, The Living Kitchen, were asked to share our food this year!
Here are some glimpses of last night...
The night was unreal and we felt so privileged to share our food everyone. Now onto the recipe...
Ribboned Carrot Quinoa Salad with Candied Pecans & Fresh Herbs
1 cup of quinoa
7 carrots, ribboned with a peeler
1 bunch of radishes, sliced thinly or use a mandolin
1 bunch of basil, use half for the dressing
1 bunch of mint, use half for the dressing
1 bunch of chives, use half for the dressing
1 bunch of green onions, using just the greens, use half for the dressing
1 cup of pecans
3 Tbsp honey
pinch of sea salt
Half of all of the herbs above
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 lemon, peeled
2-3 Tbsp honey, depending on how sweet you want it
1/4 tsp sea salt
1. Cook the quinoa. Place 1 cup of quinoa in a pot with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil then simmer for 15 minutes until quinoa is cooked. Let the quinoa cool slightly by putting it out on a plate before adding the other ingredients.
2. Prep the vegetables - peel the carrots, slice the radishes, chop the herbs.
3. Heat oven to 350 and place pecans on parchment paper on a baking sheet. Drizzle honey and sea salt over the pecans and let roast in the oven for 7 minutes or until nicely toasted.
4. Make the dressing. If you have a food processor or a vitamix use that. Throw everything into the food processor. Peel the lemon, take the seeds out and throw it right in. This will give you a creamy dressing with bursting flavour and colour.
5. Once the quinoa is slightly cooled, add the chopped fresh herbs, carrots, radishes, pecans and dressing. Mix around and enjoy!