I am a lover of french fries, especially homemade sweet potato fries.
These delicious sweet potato fries are unique because they have an added delicious flavour from a surprising ingredient: lemon peel!
Most of us know that sweet potatoes are amazing for us because they contain antioxidants, natural anti-inflammatories, phytonutrients and fibre. Most of us also know that lemons are fabulous for our health - but usually people forget about the peel!
Lemon peels are beyond wonderful for us -
- they contain a a compound called salvestrol Q40, which is toxic to cancerous cells, helping to destroy them
- they have citrus bioflavonoids, which reduces oxidative stress (stress promotes heart disease, aging, chronic fatigue, cancer, Alzheimer's)
And now onto the recipe...
Zesty Lemon Sweet Potato Fries
3-4 sweet potatoes, cut into french frie like strips or cubes
1 tsp fresh or dried rosemary sprinkle of sea salt
2-3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Slice potatoes in fries
3. Place fries on an oiled baking sheet and mix with melted oil, sea salt and rosemary
4. Slice pieces of the peel off of the lemon, do not rate or zest. Place the slices on top of the fries
5. Bake in the oven for 20-‐25 minutes. The lemon peel will be sweet and juicy.