This Pomegranate Rice Pilaf is a crowd pleaser! We often make this dish for catering events and people go wild for it. Make this for a dinner party or for yourself at home, either way feel nourished and happy with these bursting Mediterranean flavours.
Pomegranate Rice Pilaf
1 cup uncooked brown rice
1 cup uncooked wild rice
1/2 cup fresh mint
1/2 cup fresh basil
1 cup walnuts
1/3 cup olive oil
1 lemon, juiced (approx. 4 Tbsp)
2 Tbsp honey
pinch of sea salt
1. Cook the brown rice and wild rice in separate pots. In each pot place 1 cup of rice with 2.5 cups of water. Allow the water to boil and then simmer for about 45 minutes.
2. While the rice is cooking get the pomegranate seeds out of the pomegranate.
3. Place all dressing ingredients in a food processor. Skin the lemon and place it in whole instead of juicing it. It creates a great creamy consistency and allows you to leave some of the pith in the dressing which is super nutritious!
4. Slightly toast the walnuts in a toaster oven, in the oven or on a pan over the stove, just so they get slightly fragrant. Watch them so they do not burn!
5. Chop up the fresh herbs.
6. Once the rice is cooked mix everything together except for the herbs. The heat from the rice will cause them to brown so once the dish has slightly cooled, add them in and stir around.
7. Now eat and enjoy!