Sometimes we don't have time to make a big breakfast in the morning and we need to grab a bite on the go. Packaged granola bars, snack bars, and protein bars are filled with processed ingredients and more sweeteners than you really need (especially in the morning). Making breakfast cookies is the perfect solution- similar to a granola bar, with a little bit of a muffin added in, and easy to eat in one or two bites.
Banana Oat Breakfast Cookies
(sugar free, gluten free, dairy free)
3 large bananas, mashed or blended
1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
2 Tbsp chia seeds, soaked in 3 Tbsp warm water for a few minutes
2 cups oats
2/3 cup almond meal
1/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/3 cup raw cacao nibs
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Mash the bananas until creamy. Soak the chia seeds for a few minutes in water.
3. Combine all of the wet ingredients- the banana, soaked chia seeds, and coconut oil.
4. Fold in all other ingredients- oats, almonds meal, coconut, cinnamon, sea salt, baking powder, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and cacao nibs.
5. The batter should be sticky and you can form into small tablespoon size balls.
6. Shape the cookies and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
7. Bake for 15-25 minutes, until desired.