Moroccan Chicken Stew
#gluten free #GF #paleo #sugarfree
3 organic chicken breasts
3 parsnips, chopped in 1 inch pieces
3 carrots, chopped in 1 inch pieces
3 zucchinis, chopped in 1 inch pieces
1 red onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 cups vegetable broth
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp cumin
1.5 tsp coriander
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 tsp coconut oil
1/3 cup black olives, chopped finely
1 cup parsley, chopped
1/3 cup raisins or currants, chopped finely
1. Chop all of the vegetables.
2. In a large pot, saute the onions and garlic for a few minutes in coconut oil, until softened.
3. Add the spices and chicken and cook for a few minutes, lightly searing the outside of the chicken.
4. Cut off the lemon skin and cut into 4 wedges.
5. Add the vegetables, lemon wedges and broth to the pot. Bring to a simmer and then reduce heat to very low and cover. Save the olives and parsley for later!
6. Cook on the lowest heat possible for 1-2 hours. After about an hour of cooking, you can cut the chicken into smaller pieces and stir everything.
7. After 1.5 hours or 2 hours, the chicken and vegetables should be soft and very easy to eat.
8. Stir in fresh parsley, chopped olives and raisins.