Saffron Dill Stewed Lentils
1/2 cup green lentils
3 stalks celery, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
1 leek, chopped
1/4 tsp sea salt
pinch saffron (about 10 threads)
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 large bunch of dill (leave un-chopped, so that you can take out of the stew after cooking)
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1.5 cups vegetable broth
1.5 cups water
high heat cooking oil for sauteing (ghee, coconut oil)
1. Chop the leek, celery, and carrots.
2. Saute the leek, celery and carrots for a few minutes until the leeks wilt.
3. Add the lentils, water, vegetable broth, saffron and sea salt.
4. Place the dill on top of the contents of the pot.
5. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cover with the lid.
6. Simmer on lowest heat for 25-35 minutes, until the lentils are soft.
7. Turn off the heat and remove the dill. Stir in the fresh parsley and squeeze fresh lemon juice on top.