Sunflower Seed Veggie Burgers
1 cup sunflower seeds
3/4 cup brown rice (dry)
1 cup carrots, grated/shredded
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup onion, diced
1 cup fresh parsley, chopped finely
1/4 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cook the rice in a small pot with 1.5 cups water. Bring water to a boil and then reduce to a simmer, covering. Cook for 25-30 minutes, until water is absorbed and rice is soft.
3. Combine all of the ingredients in the food processor, brown rice, sunflower seeds, carrots, garlic, onion, parsley, sea salt, and pepper. Pulse until well blended and forms a sticky mixture.
4. You should be able to form the mixture into burger patties easily with your hands. You can form them to be small, medium, or large. We normally shape the burger patties to be 2 inches in diameter.
5. Spread the burgers out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake for 15-25 minutes, depending on desired crispness.