One of our favourite, classic dishes is a quinoa salad. Quinoa is easy to make because it cooks so quickly, will stay fresh for several days, and adds instant nutrition to any meal. That being said, quinoa salads can get boring. We are all about making food fun, exciting and delicious here, so our go-to quinoa pilaf is bursting with flavours!
In addition, to make this recipe even simpler for you, you can substitute the vegetables with any veggies that you have in stock in your fridge or that you prefer to use.
The Best Spring Quinoa Pilaf
1/2 cup dry quinoa
1 cup water
1/2 cup fresh parsley
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
handful green onions
2 cups kale, chopped
handful sunflower seeds
handful pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup chickpeas
3 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tsp maple syrup
2 tsp mustard
pinch sea salt
1. Cook the quinoa in a small pot with the water. Bring to a boil and then cover and reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes.
2. While the quinoa is cooking wash all the vegetables.
3. Finely chop the parsley, cilantro, and green onions.
4. Chop the kale and grate the carrots.
5. Mix together the dressing ingredients in a bowl until blended well.
6. Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl. Mix with the dressing.