Everyone loves the sweet and salty combination of flavours. Popcorn is fun to eat and can be a healthy snack when you prepare yourself. If you are eating an anti-inflammatory, gluten-free diet and avoiding processed foods, than homemade organic popcorn could be just the snack you were craving. Using turmeric in this popcorn recipe is an easy way to add in some anti-inflammatory benefits and using cinnamon helps with balancing blood sugar as you eat the carbohydrates in popcorn and maple syrup.
Sweet and Salty Spiced Coconut Popcorn
1/2 cup popcorn kernels (organic!)
1/4 tsp sea salt
2-4 tsp maple syrup (depends on how sweet you want it)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp turmeric
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1. Place coconut oil in a large pot. Melt and then pour the popcorn kernels into the pot, making sure to evenly cover the bottom of the pot.
2. Sprinkle sea salt over top of the popcorn kernels.
3. Turn the stove to medium heat and cover the pot with a lid.
4. You should hear the popcorn kernels popping within a couple of minutes.
5. Listen carefully and turn off the heat once the popping slows down.
6. Remove from heat and mix the popcorn together with cinnamon, turmeric, and maple syrup.