Search the Blog for Recipes....
These golden coloured muffins are a treat for the the eyes and use the cancer-fighting spice turmeric in the most unexpected of ways! This recipe has been inspired by and adpated from Turmeric Breakfast Muffins, posted by Green Kitchen Stories. The compound curcumin gives turmeric its bright yellow colour and provides the anti-inflammatory property that helps prevent cancer.
Turmeric Blueberry Muffins
3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 banana, mashed
3 Tbsp yogurt (or use your favourite dairy free yogurt)
1 Tbsp coconut sugar
2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cardamom
pinch sea salt
3/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 cup blueberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350. In a food processor mix together the banana, 2 eggs, and 3 Tbsp yogurt until creamy. Add in the coconut oil.
2. Fold in the dry ingredients and pulse the food processor a few times, until batter is combined.
3. With a spoon mix in the blueberries.
4. Spoon into lined muffin tin (will make 24 mini or 12 normal sized muffins)
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until knife comes out clean.