2016 is here and we are looking forward to sharing another year of delicious food, healing, and personal growth with you. We have been cooking up a lot of new recipes, a new menu, and a new website, all of which are launching this month. We can't wait to share this wealth of goodness with you soon!
In the meantime, if you are craving something sweet and nourishing this January, try out our easy recipe for Almond Flour Cookies- 3 Ways. You can make these cookies as Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies, Almond Flour Cinnamon Raisin Cookies, or Almond Flour Berry Thumbprint Cookies. This recipe is great for anyone eating a low-carb diet and a low-sugar diet, while increasing healthy protein and fat intake. Whether you are are conscious of your carb and sugar intake because you are facing diabetes, cancer, hormonal imbalance, digestive imbalance, or another health condition, this recipe still makes a delicious dessert.
Almond Flour Cookies- 3 Ways
2 cups almond flour (if you are not paleo, you can use 1.5 cups almond flour and 1/2 cup quick oats)
4 tsp coconut sugar
4 Tbsp coconut oil (butter or ghee), softened
1 organic egg
pinch of sea salt
3 Different Ways:
1. Chocolate Chip Cookies: 1/3 cup chopped dark chocolate bar (or chocolate chips)
2. Cinnamon Raisin Cookies: 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/3 cup raisins
3. Berry Thumbprint Cookies: 9 tsp strawberry or blueberry jam (only sweetened by fruit)
1. Mix together the almond flour, coconut sugar, pinch of sea salt and oats (if using).
2. Mix in the softened coconut oil with a fork or with your hands, to make a crumbly and soft mixture.
3. Beat the egg and fold in.
4. If making the Chocolate Chip version, fold in the chocolate. Then form into 18 small cookie balls. You can press the cookie balls down lightly before baking.
5. If making the Raisin version, fold in the raisins and cinnamon. Then form into 18 small cookie balls. You can press the cookie balls down lightly before baking.
6. If making the Thumbprint version, form the batter into 18 small balls. Press the center of each ball down, forming a small dip in the center of the cookies. Add 1/2 tsp of berry jam in the center of each cookie.
7. Bake the cookies on a baking sheet at 350 for 10-12 minutes (be careful not to burn).