Coffee Crisp Inspired Popsicles
Take your favourite chocolate bar, give it a healthy spin, turn it into a popsicle and then enjoy this refreshing, delicious treat when you need a chocolate and coffee pick-me-up.
Prep Time10 mins
Freeze Time5 hrs
Servings: 6 popsicles
Coffee Crisp Popsicles
- 1 banana, fresh or frozen omit you're not a banana fan
- 1 cup unsweetened dairy-free coconut yogurt
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup brewed decaf coffee depending on your love of coffee
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter or almond butter
- 2 Tbsp raw cacao or cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 10 cooking dates or 1 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch salt
Optional Popsicle Add-Ons
- 1 cup loosely packed baby spinach
- 4 frozen cauliflower florets
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp toasted, shredded unsweetened coconut
Coffee Crisp Smoothie (makes 500 ml)
- 1 small banana preferably frozen
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dairy-free coconut yogurt
- 1/4 cup brewed decaf coffee
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter of almond butter
- 1 Tbsp raw cacao
- 1 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 5 cooking dates
- pinch salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- small handful of ice
Optional Smoothie Add-Ons
- 1/2 cup loosely packed spinach
- 3 frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 scoop protein powder
Place all ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth and creamy.
Pour into popsicle molds. It makes about 5-6 popsicles. Cover and place the sticks in.
Freeze for a minimum of 5 hours. When you're ready to eat, run some hot water over the mold to easily release the popsicles.
To make the coating, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in a double boiler until creamy and smooth. Let it sit for a few minutes until it's slightly cooled. It can sit out on your counter top for a while and will not harden.
Roughly chop the almonds, then place them and the shredded coconut on a baking sheet. Toast until fragrant and golden -- but watch them so they don't burn.
Place the popsicles on a tray and using a spoon, drizzle chocolate on top and scatter the nuts and coconut over.
Or, dip the popsicle into the melted chocolate bowl and then dip it into the nuts and coconuts.
Once you've coated them, you can place them back in the freezer - but they must be individually wrapped in parchment paper, silicone bag or plastic wrap and cannot go back into the molds.