We are looking for a holistic nutritionist with professional cooking experience, or holistic chef/experienced cook with nutrition knowledge, to prepare food in clients’ private homes. You’ll be preparing food to support our clients’ different health needs and goals.
Must have experience preparing healthy, holistic nutrition style recipes, including poultry, meat, fish and vegetarian/vegan options. Our style of cooking is: gluten free, dairy free, refined-sugar free and we work with other food sensitivities/allergies. Many of our clients are paleo and plant based.
Recipes will be provided to follow, however it’s important that you are able to taste and adjust seasoning as needed to make everything taste great.
We might need you to pick up groceries as well for clients (you will be reimbursed and paid for shopping time).
We have a very strict covid safety policy to protect our clients and team (clients will not be in the same room as you). We will discuss this policy with you.
Scheduling is flexible and depends on your availability. Mondays and Tuesdays are our most popular days since clients usually prefer food prepped early in the week. So those are the best days to have available and preferred. If you have availability on other days, we can discuss scheduling more days. We would have you cook for the same client(s) ongoing each week.
Most cooking sessions are 4-5 hours in length. Some clients have grocery shopping done as well, which generally is between 30 minutes to 1 hour.
– Toronto – most of our clients are in downtown Toronto (including east end and west end, up to 401). Cooking locations vary based on where clients live.
– We also cook for clients in the GTA, such as Oakville, Mississauga and Richmond Hill – if you’re able to drive to these areas as well that is a plus, but not required (travel fee included if you drive to clients outside Toronto) *we are currently looking for someone to help us with cooking for a client in the Oakville area*
Who You Are/Qualifications:
– minimum 1 year of professional experience cooking and preparing food based on holistic nutrition principles (restaurant experience and/or cooking for clients)
– certified as a nutritionist
– experience preparing vegetarian/vegan as well as healthy omnivore meals (such as paleo, keto style, etc)
– have professional chef training OR experience working in restaurants (or comparable experience working with private clients)
– knowledge of holistic cooking principles (ie- safe cooking oils, gluten free foods, whole sweeteners, gluten free grains)
– passionate about cooking and feeding people healthy, tasty food
– independent and good team player
– efficient with time in the kitchen and able to multitask different recipes at the same time
– punctual and reliably on time for work
– valid Food Handlers Certificate
– have a car and driver’s license and be able to drive (preferred)
– fully vaccinated for Covid (preferred)
Please email resume and information about yourself to email@example.com
Start Date: as soon as possible
Please apply by October 31, 2022