We are looking for a holistic nutritionist with professional cooking experience, or a holistic chef/experienced cook with nutrition knowledge, to prepare food in clients’ private homes. You’ll be preparing food to support our clients’ different health needs and goals.
This is fulfilling, rewarding work where you get to make nourishing, delicious food to support clients’ health. Many of our clients are managing health issues or food sensitivities/allergies and the food you’ll prepare is an integral part of their wellness. We personalize recipes and menus for each person that we work with and recipes will be provided to follow, so you will know exactly what to cook for them.
Scheduling is flexible and depends on your availability. Mondays and Tuesdays are our most popular days since clients usually prefer food prepped early in the week. So those are the best days to have available and preferred. If you have availability on other days, we can discuss scheduling more days. We would have you cook for the same client(s) ongoing each week.
Most cooking sessions are 4-5 hours in length. Some clients have grocery shopping done as well, which generally is between 30 minutes to 1 hour (you will be reimbursed and paid for shopping time).
– Toronto – most of our clients are in downtown Toronto (including east end and west end). Cooking locations vary based on where clients live
*We are currently looking for someone to cook for clients in Toronto on Mondays and Tuesdays, and potentially Wednesdays*
– We also cook for clients in the GTA, such as Oakville, Mississauga and Richmond Hill – if you’re able to drive to these areas as well that is a plus, but not required (travel fee included if you drive to clients outside Toronto)
Who You Are/Qualifications:
– minimum 1 year of professional experience cooking and preparing food based on holistic nutrition principles (ie restaurant experience, cooking for clients or something comparable)
– trained/certified as a nutritionist
– experience preparing plant based as well as healthy omnivore meals (such as paleo)
– have professional culinary training OR experience working in restaurants (or comparable experience working with private clients)
– experience adjusting seasoning to ensure everything tastes delicious!
– passionate about cooking and feeding people healthy, tasty food
– independent and good team player
– efficient with time in the kitchen and able to multitask different recipes at the same time
– punctual and reliably on time for work
– valid Food Handlers Certificate
– have a car and driver’s license and be able to drive (preferred, not required)
– fully vaccinated for Covid (preferred, not required)
Please email resume and information about yourself to email@example.com
Start Date: September 2023