Posted at 17:35h in Recipes, Sides 0 Comments
These squash rings are made with our favorite, delicata squash. Delicata squash is breaded in a tasty grain free breading that we make with almond flour, sesame seeds and lots of delicious spices. We love how crispy these get just from baking in the oven, no deep frying required!
Serve these as an interesting appetizer or as a side dish with a larger meal, or even with a Thanksgiving spread.
Crispy Delicata Squash Rings
For the breading:
1 cup almond flour
1/3 cup sesame seeds
3/4 tsp paprika
3/4 tsp garlic powder
3/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 delicata squash
2/3 cup arrowroot or tapioca starch
- Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and dry the delicata squashes. Use a sharp knife to slice them into discs, about 1/4 inch thick and then use a spoon to scoop out the seeds.
- To set up your dipping stations you’ll need 3 bowls. Whisk the eggs in one bowl. Place the arrowroot or tapioca starch in the second bowl. And combine the rest of the breading ingredients in the third bowl.
- Dip each piece of squash into the arrowroot or tapioca starch to coat. Then dip into the egg to coat evenly. Lastly, place the squash rings into the breading bowl to coat. Once coated, place the coated squash rings down on the baking sheet.
- Using a spoon, drizzle extra virgin olive oil over top of each squash ring.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Then flip each piece of squash, drizzling more extra virgin olive oil over top to coat the second side. Roast for another 20 minutes.
- Serve with a simple yogurt sauce, aioli, or tahini sauce (you could whip up this simple tahini sauce) if you desire!