There’s nothing quite like a refreshing leafy green salad for a meal when it’s hot outside. This recipe is filled with antioxidant rich green vegetables, plus the digestive supporting sauerkraut. For those of you who are wary of sauerkraut, this is an easy and tasty way to incorporate the healthy fermented cabbage into your diet.
Summer Green Greek Style Salad
4 cups leafy greens (mesclun, baby kale, baby spinach, any lettuce variety)
1 medium cucumber, sliced in thin half moons
1 small zucchini, spiralized into “noodles”
1/2 cup sauerkraut
large handful spice roasted pumpkin seeds
Spice Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
1 cup pumpkin seeds
drizzle of olive oil
pinch sea salt
pinch cayenne pepper
1 tsp tamari
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 tsp oregano
1/8 tsp dried dill (or use 1 tsp of chopped fresh dill)
2 tsp honey
sea salt to taste
1. Toss the pumpkin seeds together with other ingredients and spread out on baking sheet. Roast for 5-10 minutes at 350 until lightly crisp (be careful not to burn).
2. Spiralize the zucchini with a spiralizer.
3. Chop the cucumber.
4. Mix together the dressing ingredients until creamy and blended.
5. Toss all of the vegetables together with salad dressing.
6. Top with toasted pumpkin seeds.