This cauliflower Brussels sprouts salad is made for autumn! It’s the perfect combination of fall flavours: roasted cauliflower and Brussels sprouts, with sweet tart cranberries and toasty pumpkin seeds. Brussels sprouts are one of our favourite vegetables because of their delicious flavour once roasted and caramelized, but also because of their health benefits! Here’s another one of our fall recipes with Brussels sprouts.
Brussels sprouts are a good source of vitamin K and vitamin C. Vitamin K is an important nutrient for cognitive function and vitamin C has been studied for its role in brain function and its ability to protect cells from oxidative stress.
Roasted Cauliflower and Brussels Sprouts Kale Salad
1 small bunch kale, cleaned well, dried and chopped
1 cauliflower, cut in florets
1 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
1 small can chickpeas (we used @edenfoods )
1/4 cup dried cranberries (fruit juice sweetened)
1/4 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 lemon, juiced (around 1/4 a cup)
1 small clove garlic, minced
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp maple syrup or honey
sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prep all the vegetables and spread the cauliflower and Brussels sprouts out on the baking sheet. Drizzle avocado oil (or extra virgin olive oil) over top, along with some sea salt and pepper. Toss the vegetables so they are coated well in the oil. Then make sure the cauliflower and Brussels sprouts are all laying flat and not overlapping. This will ensure they get nice and crisp on the edges while cooking.
- Roast in the oven for around 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the kale and place in a large salad bowl. Lightly roast the pumpkin seeds.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Drain and rinse off the chickpeas, and add them to the bowl with the kale.
- Once the Brussels sprouts and cauliflower are roasted, serve over top of the kale.
- Top the salad with the pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries.
- Toss everything with the salad dressing when ready to eat.