These are the perfect treat with a tea or add into breakfast or brunch!
Grain Free Paleo Blueberry Scones
1 and ½ cups almond flour
½ cup tapioca starch/flour (or arrowroot)
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch sea salt
2 Tbsp maple syrup
3 Tbsp coconut beverage (or almond milk)
2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
½ cup blueberries
½ tsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together the dry ingredients, almond flour, tapioca starch, baking powder and a pinch of sea salt, in a mixing bowl.
- Make a little well in the center and pour in the liquid ingredients, whisking the egg with a fork. Then fold the wet and dry all together into a batter.
- Gently fold in the blueberries and lemon zest, if you’re using it.
- Line a round pie dish with parchment paper and pour the batter in, making sure to spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes and then slice into 6 wedges to make your scones!