Juicy peaches in the summer are something that we always look forward to since they’re only available for such a short window of time. This year we decided to combine peaches with locally grown rhubarb to make these delicious, subtly sweet muffins. Scientists have found that peaches may even contain some anticancer properties, thanks to the antioxidant caffeic acid that’s found in peaches. The tart rhubarb pairs perfectly with sweet peach.
Peach Rhubarb Grain Free Paleo Muffins
1 cup peaches, chopped
1 cup rhubarb, chopped
1/4 cup melted coconut oil or avocado oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup arrowroot flour
1 1/2 cups almond flour
pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Chop the rhubarb and peach in small pieces. Set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, melted coconut oil or avocado oil, and maple syrup.
- In a seperate bowl mix together the baking powder, arrowroot flour, almond flour and pinch of sea salt.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients and add the chopped peach and rhubarb. Stir everything together so it’s evenly mixed.
- Line a muffin tin with liners and pour the batter in.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick or knife comes out clean from the middle of a muffin.