This donut recipe is gluten free and refined-sugar free: the best of all worlds in a delicious, sweet, spiced pumpkin donut! The last time we made a donut recipe was over a year ago and we loved them (they are super cute and pink). This time around we have donuts that are perfect for the fall season, packed with pumpkin spice to warm you up on a chilly day.
Recipe created by Megan Horsley
Makes 12 donuts
12 serving donut pan
1/4 cup unsweetened plain almond milk, warmed/room temperature
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
¼ cup + 2 Tbsp brown rice flour
1 ½ cups almond flour, sifted
4 Tbsp shredded coconut
6 Tbsp maple syrup
6 Tbsp coconut oil
Pinch of cinnamon
Toasted pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly grease the donut pan with coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the pumpkin, egg, oil, sweeteners, vanilla extract and almond milk.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients. Be sure to break up any clumps.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, whisking to combine well.
- Fill the donut pan molds ¾ full.
- Bake the donuts for 20-22 minutes, or until they are slightly firm and spongey.
- Meanwhile, blend together the glaze ingredients in a high-powered blender. Alternatively, you can mix the ingredients by hand, but you will have a coarser mixture.
- When the donuts are done and have cooled for about 10 minutes, dip or drizzle the glaze on the donuts. Sprinkle with toasted pumpkin seeds.